Passing the Time During All This
While, as with everyone else, I’m taking the time to practice social distancing and do my best to protect others from this COVID-19 virus spreading, one can sometimes not know how to pass the time when stuck inside of our houses most of the day. Here are some things that help me a lot.
While I am actually able to work from home, I have had to find new ways to entertain myself.
- Stay active. It’s very important you remember to do some sort of exercise so that you don’t feel like you’re going insane stuck inside the house. And I get it, motivation is running a little low at the moment, but you can do it. There are loads of YouTube videos you can use as motivation, or I’ve started going for runs outside in empty streets (advise this if you have the chance).
- Play games. Whether online, PlayStation, Xbox, whatever it is, it can be a fun and engaging way to pass the time – specially if you have friends you can play online with.
- Practice a skill. I’ve been studying Japanese and it’s definitely a good way to pass the time and feel like you’re doing something productive.
- Have some hobbies. I love hobbies. I’ve been writing a lot, doing research online, drawing, reading, watching TV. These are my very favourite ways to pass the time by doing something I love.
- Learn new recipes. This is the perfect time to get creative with what you have at home and learn new recipes. Not only is it a good way to get some much-needed nutrition, but you’ll get to expand your skills and try new, delicious food.
Stay safe everyone! The more bored I get, the more ways of staying entertained I might post here. If you have some advice, please do post it below, I could be very grateful!